Blogging For Accountability

I've come to realize that even though I've been a Christian since childhood, I haven't grown as much as I should in my Christian walk. My body has transformed into adulthood, but I am still a toddler in my Christian walk. After a good friend of mine started a blog on saving money, I've grown to enjoy reading blogs, so I decided to start a blog of my own for accountability purposes. I hope that this blog will be an encouragement for both me and those who stop by to read it.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Woman of the Bible Who is the Total Package

This week has been VERY trying for me. I've been in training for my job, and we've had to fall back into the work schedule routine. Little Miss Klaire Bear has resisted greatly. I'm honestly deathly afraid that my babysitter is going to tell me that she can't keep her anymore because she has cried and pitched fits all day, every day this week. Klaire is going through lots of separation anxiety as we try to adjust back to the work schedule. So, I guess for these last few weeks that I'm off, we're just going to have to take her to day care for entire days even though I really didn't want to. :(
I'll have to admit that I felt a little defeated as I read about the woman of Proverbs 31 who definitely seems to be the total package because I'm feeling like my parenting skills are greatly lacking these days. This woman really seems to have it all together as a wife and mother. You know what I realized as I was reading this passage (Proverbs 31:10-31)? She isn't at the top of the corporate ladder, her house isn't known for how well it is decorated or how well her yards are landscaped, and beauty isn't mentioned at all! Folks are drawn to her because of her character. She works hard, respects her spouse, cares for others, and is an encourager among many other things. She is simply a great wife and mother that fears the Lord. Wow! What an amazing example.

No comments: