Blogging For Accountability

I've come to realize that even though I've been a Christian since childhood, I haven't grown as much as I should in my Christian walk. My body has transformed into adulthood, but I am still a toddler in my Christian walk. After a good friend of mine started a blog on saving money, I've grown to enjoy reading blogs, so I decided to start a blog of my own for accountability purposes. I hope that this blog will be an encouragement for both me and those who stop by to read it.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pressing Toward the Goal

When I decided that I would create a blog of my own I pondered various topics that I might blog about including my eating habits, coaching teachers at my school in order to enhance my own job performance, exercising, and my spiritual walk. I asked myself, "Which of these is the MOST important? Which affects eternity? Hands down the answer was easy... my spiritual walk. So, here I am starting this journey to hold myself accountable. I've started this journey many times before and failed, but I'm hoping that this form of journaling will help keep me on track.

As I was searching for scripture today to encourage me, I came across Philippians 3:12-14 that says, " I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven."

It is easy to feel defeated and that we could never please God with the lives that we lead here on earth. When I think of all of the years that I've wasted having inconsistent daily quiet times, I wonder how God could possibly still be patient with me. These verses remind us though not to dwell on things of the past, but to look forward the future. Are you dwelling on things of the past or are you focusing on what lies ahead? I hope that these verses will encourage you to look forward to what God has in store for you.

6 comments:

Christina said...

I'm really looking forward to following your new blog! Looks like you have a great start!

Oh how I need to be looking forward! Thanks for the reminder :-)

Donna said...

Karla,
I think what you are doing is wonderful. We probably all need to do something to keep us accountable with our daily devotions because everyone falls short at times. I look forward to reading your blogs! I know I need to be looking toward the future and not the past, but that is sometimes hard when going through struggles.

Sheila Hill said...

LOVE IT!!
Thanks for the plug too!
Sheila

Jessica said...

Karla,
I am so glad you have done this. I think not only will it help you, but, like you have said, it will also help others keep accountable. This is also an area I struggle with daily. Kaleb keeps me so busy, when I do think about reading my Bible, I'm so tired, it really is a battle to make myself do it. And the fact is, I lose that battle entirely too much. We love you and again, thank you for this.

Debbie said...

I think this is a great idea! I'm really proud of you Karla!

Unknown said...

Karla,
This is really inspiring to me because lately i have been slacking off on reading my bible and i really think that reading your blog will really help me stay on track. I really look forward to reading your blogs!
LOVE YOU:)